Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Inch By Inch


 
So I’m not a cue ball anymore. Or ping pong ball. More like a tennis ball. A light layer of fuzz.

Yes. My hair has started growing in. It’s quite amazing actually. It feels and looks like baby chick fluff. The color is somewhat baffling. One day it looks blondish and the next grayish and the next black. I think it will be a kind of salt and pepper, which could be cool. I have no idea of the texture. I’m kind of hoping for spiky but we’ll see. Rocker Chick Deluxe!

My son would greet me each morning with, “Hi Baldy!” Now he’s changed his tune to, “Hi Fuzzy!” He says I look like a moldy peach. I’m taking that as a compliment. Each day he exams my scalp to see what’s new.

I’m not ready to leave the house without my turban hat. Maybe in a few weeks I’ll toss the hat and go “bare.” But only on cloudy days. Sun and scalp are not a good combo.

Next week is surgery. Not looking forward to being housebound but after chemo I’ve been told that this will be a piece of cake (donations of baked goods gladly accepted).

I’ll keep you all updated. Thanks for taking the time to read my rantings!




No comments:

Post a Comment