Monday, September 22, 2014

Now What?



Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water, another little blip was thrown at me.

Chemo finished check
Surgery finished check
Radiation about to commence maybe not

Wait. What? I was informed that I still have some cancer spots that must be removed.
Well dang. I thought I was free and clear. Apparently not.

The first surgery went well. Recovery not so well. Those darn lymph nodes are such a nuisance. My left arm is not happy. It will get better I know that, but right now I’m in semi agony if I tried to reach up for something. As for the actual breast surgery/lumpectomy, that was a piece of cake and that’s what I have to have again. And so, more missed days of work. Not an ideal situation but I’ll manage. At least I know what to expect so I won’t feel quite as apprehensive as the first surgery. And painkillers are so good for the soul.

In the meantime, I’ll take pleasure in watching my hair grow. I’ve got a semi mohawk at this point which is kind of silly looking but my son thinks I look real hip. OK. I can do hip.He also thinks a beanie baby chicken looks fetching.

Onward. When the going gets tough, the tough does some serious retail therapy online.
Away we go….

1 comment:

  1. With my being hospitalized for 40+ days. I didn't realize what u were still going through. May the next year bring both of us good health

    ReplyDelete